Visa waiver implemented for UAE nationals
1 May 18
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? The Republic of Guinea has agreed to waive visas for UAE nationals under a memorandum of understanding signed March 15.
What does the change mean? Nationals of the UAE may apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport in Guinea without needing to obtain a visa before travel.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate.
- Visas/permits affected: Visas on arrival.
- Who is affected: Nationals of the UAE traveling to the Republic of Guinea.
- Impact on processing times: The waiver eliminates the need to apply for visas before travel.
- Business impact: The removal of visa requirements facilitates short-term business trips especially for those traveling on short notice who do not have time to apply for a visa before travel.
BAL Analysis: The UAE is actively pursuing visa-waiver agreements with its stated aim under its Vision 2021 plan to make the UAE passport among the top five in terms of visa-free access around the world. The UAE recently concluded similar visa-waiver agreements with China, Ireland, Paraguay, Switzerland, Ukraine and Uruguay.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2018 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.