Online process set for foreigners to convert immigration status
23 Mar 18
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Peru has set up online procedures for foreign nationals applying to change their immigration status in-country.
What does the change mean? Applicants will have access to a web portal where they may lodge their application to change their status and schedule the date for delivery of their Foreign Card.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate.
- Visas/permits affected: Changes of immigration status.
- Who is affected: Foreign nationals in Peru applying to convert their status, such as from a temporary status to a residence status.
- Impact on processing times: The online process will be easier and faster than current procedures.
- Next steps: Applicants will be given access to an online location where they will receive status updates and notification of a decision. If it is approved, the applicant may schedule delivery of the Foreign Card via an online request.
BAL Analysis: The introduction of the online process is a positive development that should facilitate improved procedures for individuals changing their status in-country, such as business visitors and tourists switching to a work status and residence permit.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Peru. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2018 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.