Processing delays, upcoming strikes
6 Dec 19
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What are the processing updates? France is experiencing processing delays in the Nanterre prefecture. Additionally, be aware that strikes in France in December may delay processing further and cause immigration office closures.
- Visas/permits affected: ICT and Talent Passport visas; residence permits.
- Who is affected: Applicants submitting ICT visa, Talent Passport visa and residence permit applications in Nanterre.
- Impact on processing times: Processing for the above-mentioned applications will be delayed in Nanterre.
What are the details?
- Nanterre: The online appointment system in Nanterre is experiencing problems, and only opens new appointment submission slots every three weeks and residence permit collection appointments once a week. The earliest available dates to submit residence permit applications are in mid-February. Once the application is submitted, new and renewal residence permits are taking five months to process. Appointments should be booked as far ahead as possible to avoid additional delays in obtaining a permit.
- Upcoming strikes: A strike which began on Dec. 5 may impact transportation and public services, and prevent employees from getting to work.
Analysis & Comments: Employers should take the delays into account when submitting residence permit applications in Nanterre. In preparation for the strike, and to mitigate additional delays, employers should book appointments in advance if possible.
Source: Deloitte. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more. Deloitte Legal means the legal practices of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms or their affiliates that provide legal services. For legal, regulatory and other reasons, not all member firms provide legal services. This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the “Deloitte network”) is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication. © 2019. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.