EU Blue Card salary minimum increases
6 Mar 18
What is the change? The monthly salary threshold for EU Blue Card holders has increased to 6,407.27 Polish zloty (about US$1,890 or €1,530).
What does the change mean? This represents a 9.5-percent increase over last year’s level. Employers should plan their budgets accordingly.
- Implementation time frame: Ongoing. The change took effect Feb. 9.
- Visas/permits affected: EU Blue Cards.
- Who is affected: Polish companies sponsoring non-EU nationals on EU Blue Cards.
- Business impact: Businesses may see an increase in labor costs.
- Next steps: Applicants for new and renewal EU Blue Cards must meet the new salary levels.
Background: EU Blue Card salaries are indexed annually and must be at least 1.5 times the average salary in the issuing country. Polish authorities announced the new salary threshold in February.
BAL Analysis: Employers should be sure to account for the new salary levels when planning their budgets.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Poland. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2018 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.