E-visa system launches for business, tourist travel
13 Mar 17
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Vietnam has implemented an e-visa pilot program for nationals of 40 countries.
What does the change mean? Nationals of the 40 countries listed below who are traveling to Vietnam for business or tourism may fill out an online visa application before travel and obtain an e-visa.
- Implementation time frame: The pilot program launched Feb. 1.
- Visas/permits affected: Visitor visas.
- Who is affected: Nationals of 40 countries traveling to Vietnam for business or tourism.
- Impact on processing times: Processing is usually complete in three business days.
- Next steps: Travelers may apply for an e-visa on this Vietnamese government site. The cost is $25. The visas are valid for 30 days.
Background: Vietnam announced last fall that the e-visa system would be implemented in early 2017. The countries covered by the program are:
BAL Analysis: The e-visa program may be a good option for those traveling on business to Vietnam and may save significant time in the visa process for nationals of the 40 countries.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Vietnam. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2017 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.