Benin launches E-Visa program
15 May 18
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Benin has introduced an E-Visa program that will significantly cut down on processing times.
What does the change mean? The program is open to “any foreigner wishing to visit the Republic of Benin” for business, tourism or transit. Applicants may apply for 30- or 90-day visas, the validity calculated from the date of issuance.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate and ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: Business E-Visas, Tourism E-Visas and Transit E-Visas.
- Who is affected: Foreign nationals traveling to Benin for business, tourism or transit.
- Impact on processing times: The change will save travelers processing time because E-Visas will be issued much faster than consular visas. Officials say most E-Visas will be issued within 48 hours if there are no unexpected problems.
- Next steps: Applicants may apply for visas on this website. An FAQ on the program is available here.
BAL Analysis: The E-Visa program will ease travel procedures for foreign nationals. Applicants will need to determine whether they want to obtain a Business E-Visa, Tourism E-Visa or Transit E-Visa, and BAL will be able to assist travelers in determining which option is best for them. Because visa validity is timed to the date of issuance and because of the quick turnaround time, applicants may wish to apply for their visas relatively close to their anticipated travel.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group in South Africa. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2018 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.