NFTC’s Annual International Human Resources Management Forum with BAL March 21-22
March 21- 22, 2018
Join BAL at the National Foreign Trade Council’s Annual International Human Resources Management Forum in Houston, March 21-22. During the two-day conference, BAL will host three presentations covering United States immigration regulations and restrictions, duty of care laws and cyber data security.
Impact of Changes in Immigration Regulations and Restrictions in U.S. and Foreign Immigration Rules
This presentation will cover the current state of affairs with immigration legislation, trends in global immigration, and an update on ongoing regulation in the U.S. as it pertains to H-4 visas, STEM OPT, H-1B visas and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Lynden Melmed, Partner, BAL (Moderator)
- Ruth Clark, Partner, BAL
- Kelli Duehning, Senior Counsel, BAL
- Sean Lynch, Senior Director of Global Mobility, VISA
What is Duty of Care and How Does It Relate to Immigration Compliance?
This workshop will provide an explanation and overview of Duty of Care laws. Some of the most common immigration infractions, such as overstays or misuses of business or tourist visas, can incur significant financial loss and negative publicity in ways that are not always obvious and often difficult to anticipate. It is vital that companies have policies in place that address all contingencies for their global employees.
- Rob Caballero, Partner, BAL (Moderator)
- Brendan Kinne, Director of Global Programs, BAL
- Ben Wright, Regional Consular Services Manager, BAL
- Rodrigo Bykowski, HR Advisor Global Mobility, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Cybersecurity: Ensuring Your Service Providers Don’t Leave The Front Door Open
This workshop offers a background on current security challenges and defines where companies can grow stronger. Speakers will provide information on what Human Resources and Mobility leaders can demand of their service providers for security and privacy. They will also outline protocols that make companies more secure.
- Jeremy Fudge, Managing Partner, BAL (Moderator)
- Russ Moyer, Director of Enterprise Security, BAL
- Brett Landry, Dean and Professor of Cybersecurity, University of Dallas
- Lynne Florence, Manager, Global Mobility, National Oilwell Varco
Check back here for additional details closer to the event. Register for the conference by clicking here.
111 North Post Oak Lane
Houston, Texas 77024