Master Series: U.S. Immigration Climate: Changes in Immigration Adjudications and Enforcement – Boston
June 11, 2019
9:00AM to 12:00PM ET
Join Worldwide ERC® on Jun 11, 2019, for this seminar sponsored by Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP
New regulatory requirements, stiffer adjudication standards, delays, application denials and increased requests for evidence make the current immigration climate increasingly challenging for HR professionals.
- Are you developing the best prior to initiating the immigration process?
- Are you asking the right questions for optimal recruiting and retention?
- Have you taken the steps required to operate in an increasingly contentious compliance environment?
BAL leaders will address these and other issues and offer tactics required to maximize success and minimize risk in light of USCIS, CBP, DOL, and DOS adjudication and enforcement trends.
Addressing Adjudication Trends
- Benchmarking adjudication trends across visa classifications (H-1B, TN, L-1) with USCIS, CBP, and DOS
- Learning Objective: Developing strategic, programmatic approaches to employee recruiting and retention
Navigating Borders (CBP) and Consulates (DOS)
- Upticks in administrative processing, border searches and the politicization of visa issues
- Learning Objective: Preparing employees for extreme vetting and establishing internal contingency planning protocols
Compliance and Risk Management
- Adopting organizational policies and procedures that reduce the risks associated with global mobility programs
- Learning Objective: Pinpointing the organizational and employee risks and developing policies designed to address those risks
Preparing for Enforcement
- NTA Policy, I-9 compliance, and site visits
- Learning Objective: Robust audit and compliance management plan
This event has passed, more info on future Master Series can be found here.