Ministry of Manpower sets application, processing schedule for Eid al-Fitr holiday
8 Jun 17
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Indonesia’s Ministry of Manpower will close in late June for the Eid al-Fitr holiday.
What does the change mean? The last day to submit applications to the ministry before the holiday closure is June 21. Applications will continue to be processed through June 23 before the ministry will shut down for the holiday. The application submission counter and online systems will open July 4.
- Implementation time frame: June 21-July 4.
- Visas/permits affected: All Ministry of Manpower Services.
- Impact on processing times: Applicants should expect delays of about three weeks for applications filed shortly before or shortly after the holiday break.
- Who is affected: Employers and foreign nationals in need of Ministry of Manpower services in Indonesia.
- Business impact: Businesses may need to adjust their timelines because of the holiday closures.
- Next steps: Employers and employees should lodge applications as soon as possible, and no later than the cutoff date listed above, if they want their applications to begin moving through the review process before the holiday break.
Background: Eid al-Fitr is a Muslim holiday celebrating the holy month of Ramadan. Muslims around the world are currently observing Ramadan, which leads to processing slowdowns in many countries. Indonesia’s Ministry of Manpower announced its Eid al-Fitr schedule this week, but the country’s Immigration Department has yet to announce its processing schedule. An announcement from the Immigration Department is expected soon.
BAL Analysis: Employers and employees should take note of the holiday schedule and anticipate delays. Those with time-sensitive applications are encouraged to submit them to the ministry as soon as possible.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Indonesia. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2017 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.