Ministry of Employment freezes all processing amid restructuring
10 Sep 14
IMPACT – HIGH
What is the change? A restructuring at the Moroccan Ministry of Employment has temporarily halted all processing.
What does the change mean? All services, including processing of work authorization applications, are on hold until further notice.
- Implementation timeframe: Immediate and ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: All work permits.
- Who is affected: Foreign nationals applying for work authorization and other services at the Ministry of Employment.
- Impact on processing times: Applicants should expect delays and possible backlogs to develop during the freeze in services.
- Business impact: Depending on how long it lasts, the interruption could impact business schedules and assignments in Morocco.
- Next steps: BAL is in contact with the Ministry and will update clients on new developments.
Background: The Ministry of Employment is being restructured following the recent replacement of the agency’s general secretary.
BAL Analysis: Companies should prepare for delays in issuances of work authorizations and note that the restructuring of the Ministry may also bring changes to work permit application procedures.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Morocco. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2016 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.