Worldwide ERC® Learning Zone: Preparing for the Storm: What Mobility Professionals Should Know about I-9 Audits
December 14, 2017
2:00 PM ET
Recently, the Department of Homeland Security announced that it will increase worksite enforcement by four to five times in 2018. Please join BAL and Worldwide ERC® for a panel of former government officials and experienced practitioners who will provide practical advice on how global companies should prepare for this new enforcement environment. Attendees will learn how to address common Form I-9 challenges for companies that move employees in and out of the U.S. and receive valuable insight into how the government conducts audits and investigations.
Key points of discussion will include:
- The basis of I-9 requirements
- Special considerations for multi-national employers
- B-1 travelers
- First day of employment issues
- L-1 intracompany transfers
- Rehires and re-verifications
- Social Security delays
- Handling E-Verify follow-up
- The enforcement environment under President Donald Trump
- What triggers an I-9 Audit?
- Social Security No-Match (knowing violations)
- Walk-through of a government audit
- Work site raids: Employer rights (What about the California law?)
- Penalties for I-9 violations (fines and, more importantly, debarment)
- The benefits and risks of proactive internal audits
Please click here to register.
*CE Credit (fees may apply): CRP; GMS
Founded in 1964, the Worldwide ERC® is a workforce mobility association for professionals who oversee, manage, or support U.S. domestic and international employee transfers.