Worldwide ERC® Learning Zone Webcast: Navigating the Anti-Discrimination and Unfair Documentary Practices Under the INA
June 6, 2019
2 PM ET
Join our webcast for a unique opportunity to learn directly from two members of the Immigrant and Employee Rights Section (IER) of the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division. IER enforces the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 USC § 1324b. This federal law prohibits:
- citizenship status discrimination in hiring, firing, or recruitment or referral for a fee;
- national origin discrimination in hiring, firing, or recruitment or referral for a fee;
- unfair documentary practices during the employment eligibility verification, Form I-9 and E-Verify processes; and
- retaliation or intimidation.
Through this webinar, participants will learn about:
- The law IER enforces, including how to avoid employment discrimination based on citizenship status or national origin during hiring and recruitment processes;
- Best practices regarding Form I-9 and E-Verify processes and how to avoid unfair documentary practices;
- How to handle SSA No-Match letters without running afoul of the INA’s anti-discrimination provision; and
- Free resources that help employers comply with federal law.