Master Series: Mitigating Requests for Evidence and Visa Denials
November 8, 2018
9:00AM to 12:00PM ET
Mitigating Requests for Evidence and Visa Denials: A holistic approach to immigration program management
Join Worldwide ERC® on Nov. 8, 2018 in New York, for this event sponsored by Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP.
Immigration policy shifts under the Trump administration have introduced a new era of heightened scrutiny. HR professionals need to take a holistic approach to immigration program management to mitigate the onslaught of Requests for Evidence and visa denials. Are you asking the right questions for optimal recruiting and retention? Are you thinking outside the box to reduce reliance on vulnerable immigration categories? Are you prepared to operate under a compliance microscope? BAL leaders will address these issues and offer tactics to manage risk and anxieties in light of USCIS, CBP, DOL and DOS adjudication trends. Moderated by BAL Partner, Edward Rios from our Boston office.
Addressing Adjudication Trends Within USCIS
- Benchmarking adjudication trends across visa classifications (H-1B, TN, L-1)
- Learning Objective: developing strategic, programmatic approaches to employee recruiting and retention
Navigating Borders (CBP) and Consulates (DOS)
- Upticks in administrative processing, border searches and the politicization of visa issues
- Learning Objective: preparing employees for extreme vetting and establishing internal contingency planning protocols
Preparing for Enforcement
- NTA Policy, I-9 compliance, site visits, export controls and discrimination claims
- Learning Objective: creating a robust crisis management plan
Click here to register and for more information!