Join BAL for a Seminar About Immigration Compliance: How Companies Should Prepare for Increased Enforcement
25 July 2017
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Immigration Compliance: How Companies Should Prepare for Increased Enforcement
For HR Professionals and Corporate Counsel
Join Kelli J. Duehning, Senior Counsel at Berry, Appleman & Leiden and former Chief of the Western Law Division in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and L. Ruth Clark, Senior Associate in Berry, Appleman & Leiden in a discussion on navigating the various DHS work-site enforcement measures and preparing strategies for your company on the various DHS site visits.
- DHS Administrative Subpoenas – what are they?
- Who in DHS can issue an Administrative Subpoena?
- What should I do if I receive a DHS Administrative Subpoena?
- What are my options if I do not want to comply with the DHS Administrative Subpoena?
- How does the Administrative Subpoena differ from an ICE Notice of Inspection?
- Strategies for responding to Notices of Inspection
- Does a company have time to correct I-9s before handing them over to ICE?
- FDNS Site Visits – what to expect and how to prepare