Immigration & Compliance Basics 101: Do’s and Don’ts When Hiring Foreign Talent
November 15, 2016
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (EST)
Tuesday, November 15 | 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (EST)
7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 320
McLean, VA 22102
What do you do when your recruiting staff hires a foreign national who must start immediately?
Hiring foreign talent and complying with work authorization rules can be a nuanced and confusing issue. This workshop will help you understand the key types of US work permits and permanent residence processes so that your business can make well-informed, cost effective and efficient decisions when hiring foreign talent.
Join us for an instructive session on the most common visa types and green card processes, basic program management, the multifaceted PERM Labor Certification process as well as compliance and benchmarking techniques.
Our session will help you:
- Learn the different types of Non-Immigrant Visas available.
- Understand the multiple paths to a Green Card and which paths are best suited for your business.
- Understand basic program management and troubleshooting common issues.
- Benchmark your program against other successful corporate immigration programs.
- Stay compliant! Understand how to run the most effective and compliant program.
This instructive session will be led by BAL Partner Liane Cooney as well as Associate Sanjee Weliwitigoda, who specializes in Temporary (nonimmigrant) Visa Issues and Senior Associate Lynn O’Brien, specializing in PERM Labor Certification and Immigrant Visas.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
To Register: There is no fee for the conference and it will include continental breakfast and refreshments. Space is limited, so early registration is advisable. Please register HERE
For Event Questions: Please contact email@example.com.
Attire: Business Casual.
MCLE and HRCI credits pending.