BAL Webinar: What Companies Need To Know About President Trump’s Executive Orders On Immigration
Monday, February 6, 2017
2:00 p.m. EST
On January 27, President Donald Trump signed an Executive Order that suspended the entry into the U.S. of non-citizens from seven designated countries of concern.
With a stroke of the pen, the president stranded tens of thousands of legal travelers inside and outside of the U.S. and created confusion and uncertainty at airports around the world. The Executive Order triggered protests in almost every major American city and lawsuits in over a dozen U.S. federal courts.
Join BAL attorneys as they share the latest updates and separate fact from rumor on the president’s Executive Order. They will give practical advice and address common questions, including:
- Which employees are subject to the travel ban?
- How long will the travel ban last?
- Will other countries be added to the list of countries of concern?
- Is the Department of State cancelling the visas of travelers subject to the travel ban?
- Will the travel ban impact applications filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services?
- What are the prospects and timing for the litigation challenging the Executive Order?
- How does the suspension of the Visa Interview Waiver Program affect employee travel?
BAL will also provide the latest updates on Executive Orders that have not yet been released, including a draft Executive Order that suggests major changes to the employment-based immigration system being contemplated by the Trump administration.
To Register: Please register for this webinar HERE
For Event Questions: Please contact email@example.com.
Lynden Melmed, Partner at Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP
Jeffrey Gorsky, Senior Counsel at Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP
Michelle Funk, Partner at Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP